Saturday, September 17, 2011

Journal pg. 94 Seeing 1&2

1. The very first thing I recognized was the poster of Bruce Lee on the wall his snarl and recognizable face caught my eye, that's one of my childhood favorites. Secondly the basketball posters and cards on the wall drew my attention, simply because they are objects I really enjoy as well. His room is almost overly nostalgic in a sense and is fitting for a teenage boy. The cultured tones, mixed with everything a kid would love, sports, kung-fu, music, and so forth. From this piece of work I can tell that Osorio's style goes above and beyond to hammer his point home.

2. Still being 18, I'm still within my teenage years, and spotting such things such as basketball posters, a pair of turntables, car posters, and a Bruce Lee poster on the wall made me feel nostalgic to the point where I wanted to actually call my mother and ask where were some of my objects like this. Yet the glass mirror floors, and hands reaching out of the walls holding basketballs kind of send it over the top to where it falls over the thin line of fiction and fantasy. To some point the room hits all major factors of a teenage boys dream room, but that's the point exactly most teenage boys dream of something this cool. The room comes out as an over glossed fantasy that has some outright outrageous things. Non the less I don't think the average fifteen year old has mirrors on his floor.

No comments:

Post a Comment